The boat was with BW in their North Western fleet based at Anderton 1948-1963 then sold to Jack Taylor who had a carrying business based on the Shropshire Union from 1964-1975. The original forecabin was removed in about 1951 when an Armstrong Siddeley AS2 engine was fitted to allow the boat to tow a butty.
Denis Cooper kept the boat at Norton Canes until 1993, when the boat was restored back into FMC livery with a slightly extended cabin. The AS2 was replaced with a 9hp Bolinder engine taken from a boat called Leopard. Whether this is the same boat as Dace is not known.