Subscribe to:
Syndicate content


This boat was converted to a butty in 1951, along with Dace. Possibly paired with Perch, but this is not confirmed. It is now a motor again, with the original stern shape restored.


The boat was subsequently renamed Elaine and liveried by the Bath Stone Co. in 1993 (Elaine was the name of the wife of the owner of the company.) It is now in FMC livery and has been called Dory again since 1996.


After a period as a single motor, the boat had the stern off and was converted to butty in 1951. It was photographed at Gnosall in 1957 being towed in a line of three with two motors (Kangaroo at the front and Roach in the middle) ahead of it. This was apparently a common practice at this time.