19/07/34

Minnow

The boat was with BW in their North Western fleet based at Anderton 1948-1963 then sold to Jack Taylor who had a carrying business based on the Shropshire Union from 1964-1975. The original forecabin was removed in about 1951 when an Armstrong Siddeley AS2 engine was fitted to allow the boat to tow a butty.

 

Left yard: 
Builder: 
Hull construction: 
Cabined at: 
Commissioned: 
Registered at: 
Reg no.: 
Extant: 
Fleet no.: 
Yard no.: 

Ling

Became part of the 10 boat (4 motors, 6 butties) Midland fleet, formed from the North-western fleet in the early 50s. Main cargo was coal from Brownhills to the Royal Worcester factory and a backload of broken pottery moulds from Worcester to a local dump. This carried on until 1961, when the trade ceased after tolls were put up and the fleet was absorbed into the Southern fleet.

 

Left yard: 
Builder: 
Hull construction: 
Cabined at: 
Commissioned: 
Registered at: 
Reg no.: 
Extant: 
Fleet no.: 
Yard no.: